Re: [CSS] Would be nice if...

Christoph Päper wrote:

> Andrew Fedoniouk:
>> ... CSS will allow to define values of attributes of elements.
>
> You want a (partial) document type description language using (CSS)
> Selectors?
> I have an early private draft for something like that hibernating for
> years somewhere on my harddisk. It doesn't belong in CSS itself of
> course.

That sounds really interesting per se.

But I am always wondering why people think that word 'style' is only
about visual style.
It could be behavioral style too. And behavioral style can be related to
visual style.
In case of <input type="range"> @step may trigger appearance of spin
buttons. Which are also related to visual style.
In the same way as CSS's @overflow triggers different behavior to be set
for the element.

Constructions like:
input[type="text"].number
{
    behavior: number-input;
    @step: "2";
}
input[type="text"].number:invalid
{
    color: red;
}

may help 1) to make transition from old UAs to new technology less painfull.
2) keep HTML as purely semantic language.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com