Re: scroll bar size in width calculations

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 13:17:34 +1300
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "Rossen Atanassov" <ratan@windows.microsoft.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Alex Mogilevsky" <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, "Sam Fortiner" <samfort@microsoft.com>, "Harel Williams" <harelw@microsoft.com>, "Scott Dickens" <sdickens@exchange.microsoft.com>, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On Jan 6, 2008 9:33 AM, Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

> Compare this sample:
> http://www.terrainformatica.com/w3/overflow-visible.htm
> in IE and in FF for example.

That test is being rendered in quirks mode in Firefox and I think all
browsers. You really should use a DOCTYPE that triggers standards mode in
all browsers if you want to discuss the standards. I think they actually
fixed the "specified-'height' blocks expand to contain content" bug in IE7
standards mode.

Rob
53:5-6]