Re: scroll bar size in width calculations

Well, I know there are edge cases where one scrollbar causes a reflow
that could also make the other one needed. And I know that content
height will never be 100% predictable, even when specified in ems,
due to various glyph sizes. Does that summarize what you just wrote?
I don't have a problem with that. But there are one or two browsers
(I think IE6 and IE7, and maybe FireFox 2 also, but I don't have the
right computer to check these right now), where the horizontal
scrollbar appears even when there is clearly no need for it, when
overflow is set to auto and overflow-x is not set to hidden. There is
no thumb button, mind you, just an empty, unusable bar. Safari never
had this same problem.

If you all say that this isn't actually true, then it may be from a
more complicated layout that I remember it from, such as overflows
inside of other overflows, and I will have to do more research to see
where I encountered this. But I thought it was just doing it on
normal overflows.