Re: [css3] “Selectors that People Actually Use”

Jens Meiert wrote:
> * E:empty – Chances are indeed that authors will use element selectors
> instead

How do element selectors solve the problem? Note that this selector _is_ being
used (given the speed with which we get bugs filed if we break something about
it, the use is not that rare).

Gecko uses it internally for form control styling, for menu styling, and in the
HTML editor.  All of those are use cases sites might care about.

> * E:lang(fr) – Probably the most questionable selector since apparently
> replaceable by attribute selectors.

Assuredly not, as you can tell for yourself by reading
<http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsblame.cgi?file=mozilla/layout/style/nsCSSRuleProcessor.cpp&rev=1.23&mark=1206-1249#1206>.

> * E:nth-of-type(n), E:nth-last-child(n), E:nth-last-of-type(n)

I happen to pretty much agree on these, to be honest.  ;)

-Boris