Re: Controlling size of a tab character (U+0009)

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM, David Woolley
<forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 08:33:08 +0100, David Woolley
>> <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm assuming that a tab isn't just a macro for n spaces, as that doesn't
>>> seem a reasonable interpretation.
>>
>> Why not? That's exactly how tab is defined in CSS today. (And how most
>> text editors go about it, as far as I know.)
>
> vi certainly doesn't work that way; it interprets tab as meaning add enough

Anne actually meant "advance to the next tab stop", where the tab
stops are separated by n spaces. I'm sure no-one actually thinks what
you're thinking he thought.

Rob
--
"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our
iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by