Re: Controlling size of a tab character (U+0009)

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 22:16:41 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> Anne actually meant "advance to the next tab stop", where the tab
> stops are separated by n spaces. I'm sure no-one actually thinks what
> you're thinking he thought.

I discovered that afterwards, however the fact that she selected that
option, and ignored my other two, worries me, especially, as I get the
feeling that this feature just hasn't been thought out properly.

I suspect, when I check the existing tab definition I will find that it
is a token implementation, rather than something that was carefully
though about, and intended to be extended.  I think, before extending
it, one needs to go back and design enhanced tabs for CSS from first
David Woolley