Re: Controlling size of a tab character (U+0009)

2008/12/9 Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>:

> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008 08:33:08 +0100, David Woolley
> <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I'm assuming that a tab isn't just a macro for n spaces, as that doesn't
>> seem a reasonable interpretation.
>
> Why not? That's exactly how tab is defined in CSS today. (And how most text
> editors go about it, as far as I know.)

I doubt it. Otherwise AB<tab>C and A<tab>C will never line up under
any circumstances; a tab that is simply a macro for n spaces is
useless.

--
cheers,
-ambrose

The 'net used to be run by smart people; now many sites are run by
idiots. So SAD... (Sites that do spam filtering on mails sent to the
abuse contact need to be cut off the net...)