From: fantasai [mailto:fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 2:19 PM
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: Alex Mogilevsky; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: FW: NoWrap property [CSS2.1] [css3-text]

Makes sense to me. How about appending to this paragraph in 2.1:

   # Then, the entire block is rendered. Inlines are laid out, taking bidi
   # reordering into account, and wrapping as specified by the 'white-space'
   # property.

the following:

   | When wrapping, line breaking opportunities are determined based
   | on the text prior to the white space collapsing steps above.

We'd have to make the equivalent changes to CSS3 Text, of course.
(Or possibly only to CSS3 Text, leaving this undefined for CSS2.1.)

~fantasai