Re: [cssom-view] padding edge / border edge for offsetTop/offsetLeft?

On Apr 24, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> That shouldn't matter. Whatever browser usage share is happening now
> should not hold future standard support hostage. The spec should be
> designed for the future ignoring the mistakes of the past.

Forget about "should". We all know about the ideals of CSS as a
religion. But a stated goal of this spec was to make it easier for new
implementors to be able to support IE without doing all the reverse
engineering on their own. If that is the case, then IE6 does matter,
and you can not ignore it or make it go away with the swipe of a pen.

On Apr 24, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Ron van den Boogaard wrote:

> market-share of IE6 will just decrease very, very slowly (over years
> probably)

Exactly. Whether people use IE8 or IE7 matters less than the vast
hordes holding onto (clutching desperately to) IE6.