Re: Updated versions of Apple's transforms/animations/transitions proposals

From: David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:17:53 -0500
To: robert@ocallahan.org
Cc: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>, www-style@w3.org
On Apr 15, 2008, at 6:24 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net
> > wrote:
>
> This means that if the current position is not "fully zoomed" (in case
> of fisheye demo), the transition (the speed of the movement/zooming)
> is
> slower than it would be normally but it takes as long as the full
> movement would take.
>
> That may look OK in some cases but in other cases it won't. I hope
> that's not what gets specified.

I think it's sensible behavior when you are transitioning to an
entirely new value.  If you can detect "reversal" though, I think it
would be better behavior to try to run the animation backwards as you
return to the original value.  However it's tricky deciding what
"reversal" means....

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)