Re: Updated versions of Apple's transforms/animations/transitions proposals

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:58:11 -0700
Cc: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>, www-style@w3.org
To: robert@ocallahan.org

On Apr 15, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net
> > wrote:
>
> This means that if the current position is not "fully zoomed" (in case
> of fisheye demo), the transition (the speed of the movement/zooming)
> is
> slower than it would be normally but it takes as long as the full
> movement would take.
>
> That may look OK in some cases but in other cases it won't. I hope
> that's not what gets specified.

For really smooth handling of reversing a transition only a short way
in, it may be desirable to specify transition velocity rather than
duration. Another possibility is Hyatt's suggestion of detecting
reversal, since that is typically the only way you see a very small
transition over a long duration.

I'm hoping you are objecting only to the "full duration" part of the
above, not starting from the current (possibly mid-transition) state
when beginning a new transition.

Regards,
Maciej