Re: [css3-mediaqueries] no list of allowed media types

fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> since media types are defined to be mutually exclusive, a UA can only
> claim to match one media type (presumably a known one).

I've found that I cannot enforce that consistently and must accept multiple
media types.  Specifically, if our browser chooses to only permit the "tv"
media type, then we lose all the style that is specified for "screen".
Whilst this is only a problem on a few sites, they always seem to be on the
ones important to our customers :-/

I have toyed with the idea of each document starting life accepting "screen"
until it come across a MQ that uses the "tv" media type and at that point,
switching media type to tv, thus disabling all the screen stylesheets.  This
is all somewhat hacky, though.

--
Stewart Brodie
Software Engineer