Re: [css3-mediaqueries] no list of allowed media types

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:23:59 +0200
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, www-style@w3.org

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 05:31:54 +0200, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-mediaqueries/#syntax says:
>
> # Media queries involving unknown media types are ignored.
>
> This is different from the most recent CR,
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-css3-mediaqueries-20070606/#syntax ,
> which says:
>
> # Media queries involving unknown media types are always false.
>
> This change requires that css3-mediaqueries normatively define the
> list of known media types.  It currently does not do that; it only
> refers informatively to lists in other specs in
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-mediaqueries/#background
>
> (This change seems pretty substantial.  Does it match what has been
> implemented?)

Ah, yeah, this should be reverted. I think Media Queries Level 4 should
define the media types as well but even then screen,foo should apply just
like it does for @media (for screen devices).

Having said that, this does not apply to "3d" as that doesn't match the
media type production as far as I can tell.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>