Re: fallback color for background-image (ISSUE-5)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:40:14 +0200
To: "Alan Gresley" <alan@css-class.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:24:48 +0200, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
wrote:
> So the slash / would indicate that a UA falls back to the transparent
> background?

No, it would fall back to a red color in my example.

> Is this for users who have disabled background images?

It's for whenever the specified background image does not apply, as I
understand it. This could be because images are disabled, because the
image format is not supported, because the resource returns a 404, etc.

> Can you clearly define why you in some cases use this?
>
> background:url(...);

If I want all other background properties to use the initial value.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>