Re: fallback color for background-image (ISSUE-5)

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 01:24:48 +1100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> I think it would make sense if it was more trivial to specify a fallback
> color then by using
>
>   background:transparent / red url(...);
>
> the first being optional would already be more useful
>
>   background:/ red url(...);
>
> and would align more with what I do now some cases
>
>   background:url(...);
>
> (It has been suggested that "/ red" is not pretty. In that case we
> should probably think of something better :-))

So the slash / would indicate that a UA falls back to the transparent
background? Is this for users who have disabled background images? Can
you clearly define why you in some cases use this?

background:url(...);

This seems consisted with my use of (or similar).

background: url(real.png), url(...);

;-)

Alan

http://css-class.com/test/