Re: CSS Charter (Apple's Wishlist)

On Apr 1, 2008, at 9:30 AM, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
>> In addition, an element can have multiple transitions in effect at
>> the same time (for example, if you add two classes, each of which
>> set different properties, or if you poke individual properties
>> directly through the CSSOM).
>
> What happens if the transition-property is reset during the execution
> of a transition ?

I would have to double-check the proposed spec, but I believe the
transition-related property values at the time a transition begins are
used for the whole transition. However, it is somewhat underspecified
in the proposal when exactly a transition begins. In our experimental
implementation, it begins at style resolution time but we feel this
may be too unpredictable for authors, for animations triggered from
script, since getting style values can trigger a style resolution.

Regards,
Maciej