Re: [Stupid newbie probably OT philosophical musings] Does CSS need a mapping/composition layer?

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:11:00 +0200
To: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>

Jay Levitt:
> To my novice eye, what I want is a layer in between HTML and CSS
> that says
>
>   #firstname #lastname {group: horizontal; id: name;}
>   #city #state #zip #country {group: horizontal; id: region;}
>   #name #address1 #address2 #region {group: vertical; }

I'm not sure wherein your problem lies. As far as I can see you can
achieve what you want with perfectly semantic grouping of form fields
by |div| or rather |fieldset| combined with child selectors and |
float| in CSS. Even a table containing the form can be justified
(although that can be done wrong easily).