Comments on marquee - CSS3-box

From: Paul Nelson (ATC) <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:10:08 -0700
To: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>
In CSS3-box the marquee properties are defined. The following comments
are provided in light of the <marquee> element implementation supported
by IE, Firefox and Opera (did not check Safari).

> Is 'bounce' a better name than 'alternate'?

No. 'alternate' is in line with implementation of the <marquee> element
and the WCSS specification

I will send some image suggestions for the styles based on the WCSS
description of wap-marquee (WAP-239-WCSS-20011026-a)

> Is 'infinite' a better default than '1'?

The <marquee> implementations have the equivalent of 'infinite' as the
default. I believe that default should be set to 'infinite'.

> marquee-direction

I like 'forward' and 'reverse' instead of 'left' and 'right'. The
initial value, however, should be 'forward'. This would be in line with
WCSS default direction and that defined for <marquee>.

Table should be redone as the 'reverse' and 'forward' titles are over
the incorrect columns. Should look like the following:

'direction'

'block-progression'

'forward'

'reverse'