Re: [CSS21] CR-CSS21-20070719, 8.3.1 Collapsing in presence of min/max-height, small correction suggested

From: Bruno Fassino <fassino@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:22:07 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

As David pointed out, my initial proposal was wrong. What about simply change:

"min-height less than the element's used height"

with:

"min-height not affecting the element's used height"  ?

This will allow margins collapsing in cases when the used height,
_before_ taking min-height into account, is exactly equal to
min-height.
Such cases are probably not much relevant. Apparently a trivial
example is a height:auto box containing an empty (or height:0) box.
The first box has used height 0, equal to its min-width=0. I think we
want to allow (bottom) margins collapsing here.

Bruno

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test