Re: [css3 lists] 'Real counters'

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:41:51 +1000
To: "Grant, Melinda" <melinda.grant@hp.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Hi Melinda,

> How does the implicit 'list-item' counter interact with a counter the
> author declares and names 'list-item' that overlaps in scope?

As far as I know -- and this is the way we've implemented it -- there is
no implicit counter-reset for list-item, only an implicit
counter-increment, which may lead to an implicit counter-reset if there
hasn't been one yet (eg. on a parent <ul> or <ol> element).

By this logic, I don't think it makes sense to talk about an implicit
list-item counter interacting with a "real" list-item counter. There are
just counters, some of which may be called list-item, and some of which
may increment automatically on certain boxes.

Best regards,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!