[css3 lists] 'Real counters'

From: Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 21:58:16 -0000
To: <www-style@w3.org>
I'm wondering what "The list-item counter is a real counter" means. So
far as I know, there is no definition for a pseudo-counter... Real as
opposed to what? Perhaps 'real' in that it can be manipulated via
'counter-increment' and 'counter-reset' props; in which case I would
suggest omitting that first clause and just saying, "The list-item
counter may be directly affected using the 'counter-increment' and
'counter-reset' properties."

How does the implicit 'list-item' counter interact with a counter the
author declares and names 'list-item' that overlaps in scope?

Best wishes,

Melinda

<http://www.hp.com/Redirect/gw/useng_welcome/logo/=http:/welcome.hp.com/
country/us/eng/welcome.htm>