Re: [CSS3-content] [css3-lists] [css3-page] Implied counter-increment

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:59:54 +1000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: "Grant, Melinda" <melinda.grant@hp.com>, www-style@w3.org

Hi fantasai,

> IE doesn't support counters, and I'm guessing Prince doesn't support
> the implied 'list-item' counter (which is still just a draft proposal
> in CSS3 Lists).

For boxes with "display: list-item", Prince will append "list-item" to
the list of counters to increment for that box if it is not already
present in the list.

That means that specifying "counter-increment: none" will not inhibit
the list-item counter increment, which makes sense as "none" is the
default value. Specifying "counter-increment: list-item 0" will inhibit
the list-item counter increment.

Cheers,

Michael

--