Re: W3C CSS Home Redesign RFC

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:08:34 -0500
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) wrote:

> fantasai wrote:
>
>> So, what I'm hearing so far is:
>
>>   - Make it pretty
>
> Personally I'd recommend making that the lowest priority,
> and /perhaps/ leaving it entirely to guest designers
> (unless you /want/ to expend effort on it).

Well, the site needs to be redesigned in any case to accommodate
better navigation. That's important to make it more usable: to
make it easier to find information. And being the *CSS* Working
Group, I think we do need to set a good example style-wise, not
just content-wise. We should be showcasing what CSS can do and
how to do it well. That's in a sense a part of our content.

~fantasai