Re: [css3-gcpm] 1gr + 1gr != 2gr? Grrrrr...

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:34:58 +0200
To: Brady Duga <duga@ljug.com>
Cc: W3C CSS <www-style@w3.org>

Also sprach Brady Duga:

 > I find it a little odd that 1gr + 1gr is not equal to 2gr. I think I
 > see the point, but making the size of a unit change depending on
 > whether it is even or odd seems ... confusing. Perhaps there could be
 > some other way of saying "include/don't include the column gap in
 > this calculation".

It took me a while to get used to this proposal as well. However, I've
come to really like it. It allows us to express quite complex layouts
in a simple CSS value. If we had to add switches or keywords, things
would get complex.

However, if you have an alternative syntex, feel free to propose it.

-h&kon