RE: [css3-gcpm] Multi-column floats overflowing the column

From: Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@exchange.microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 13:56:55 -0700
To: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>, "del@alum.mit.edu" <del@alum.mit.edu>
CC: Brady Duga <duga@ljug.com>, W3C CSS <www-style@w3.org>

I agree, it makes sense to have widows/orphans behave the same way on column breaks as on page breaks.

Note that since on multicolumn page a page break is also a column break, these settings control breaking behavior across both column and page boundaries.

If we wanted to control this at column level independently we'd need separate properties, which I hope we can avoid (although I don't have strong feelings about it).