Re: CSS Generated content selection

Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> Sergey Ignatchenko wrote:
>> Let's consider very simple case: copy-paste of ordered list into
>> plain text
>
> That's a totally different situation.  We were talking about paste
> into HTML. For paste into plaintext, one might indeed want to put in
> the generated content.
You said so :-). What about paste from HTML into MSWord / RTF / ...?
> But let's continue with your example, except in the original context
> of my comments (paste into HTML).
Hm. Let's consider user who tries copy-paste from web page into his HTML
e-mail (and obviously CSS's are as different as one can imagine). I'd
say that intuitively user would expect ordered list to remain ordered
list, but preserving as much styling from original page as possible
(among other things, roman numerals should remain roman numerals); any
objections?

>> as a user, I see disappearing numbering as completely unacceptable.
>
> As a user, I see doubling of all the numbers as completely unacceptable.
No objections :-). BTW, your note goes inline with an idea of WYSIWIG
copy-paste.

Sergey