Re: [Bulk] Re: 3rd call: CSS2: howto disable audio?

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:53:47 +0200
To: Kevin Lawver <Kevin.Lawver@corp.aol.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Kevin Lawver wrote:

> There is a proposal in HTML5 to create an <audio> element.  I would
> assume that:
>
> audio {
>     display:none;
> }
>
> would disable the playing of that sound, but I think that's up for the
> HTML Working Group to decide what CSS properties apply to it.

Yes and no.
It would be up for the HTML WG to decide if 'display:none' applied to
<audio> generates any audio "rendering" (after all, you can
programmatically trigger the submission of a form even if the form is
not displayed, right ?) but CSS explicitely say the display
property applies to all elements...

So display _applies_ to <audio> anyway. What it means on the
corresponding audio stream has to be specified.

</Daniel>