Re: [Bulk] Re: 3rd call: CSS2: howto disable audio?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:26:07 -0500
To: ~:'' ありがとうございました。 <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
CC: www-style CSS <www-style@w3.org>

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote:
> is there an inherent or natural reason that current browsers don't play
> any audio formats natively?

Are you sure they don't?  Netscape 4 certainly did.  Does IE?  I'm thinking
bgsound and the like here.

In any case, I don't see what bearing this has on your point, nor really what
your point is.

Note that using, say, display:none on a plug-in that produces sound will in fact
stop it from doing so in some UAs.  But that's an implementation detail of those
plug-in APIS.

-Boris