Re: Maintained matrix of CSS properties v. browsers/rendering engines ?

From: Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde@carewolf.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:46:59 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 17:52, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> Is there a maintained matrix shewing CSS properties and
> the degree to which each of the major browsers / rendering
> engines handle them ?   I ask because my experiments
> suggest that Seamonkey (a Mozilla/Gecko-derivative) copes
> reasonably well with "page-break-before: always", but seems
> unable to cope with either "page-break-after: avoid" or
> "page-break-inside: avoid".

There is one on wikipedia on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_layout_engines_(CSS)

It needs some more love from CSS experts and browser developers, but it is
quite comprehensive and ASFAIK neutral.

There is also a good list on
http://www.webdevout.net/browser_support_summary.php

It has lots of information, but is not entirely neutral: The author has a
tendency to simply declare any differences to Firefox a flaw in other engines
regardsless of what the standard says, but since CSS 2.1 is clarified pretty
much the same way by the working group, he is not entirely wrong ;)

`Allan