Re: Wrapping delimited lists, fluid rows

David Woolley wrote:
>> I don't care what the CSS looks like -- you must realise that precise CSS is not
>> the issue, but achieving the presentation goal is.
>
> In a lot of cases where table based layouts would currently be used,
> a combination of display:table* and ::outside may work.
>
> However, eventually there comes a point where a requirement for
> presentation control would require awkward a change to CSS and a
> more presentational language may be more appropriate.  For example,
> where faithful rendition of a fixed layout is required  ...

I'll look into all the remarks, especially fantasai's tabbed stuff (right now, I
cannot comprehend it so I'll have to scrutinise it later) but, please note that
the whole point of a fluid grid is that it IS NOT FIXED!! :P

A fluid grid is fluid, i.e. imagine pouring all the cells into the grid and
letting them fill the available space. Instead of forcing the page wider than
the window, or leaving a huge gap, it snugly fills the space like a fluid.
Exactly like tables do not.