Re: CSS3 Text and UAX14 (was: CSS3 Text - Edit Suggestions)

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:55:51 +0900
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "Asmus Freytag" <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, "'WWW International'" <www-international@w3.org>, unicode@unicode.org

At 19:32 07/02/20, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:22:23 +0100, fantasai
><fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> Your argument has convinced me that CSS3 Text should be normatively
>> requiring the correct implementation of UAX14's normative line breaking
>> classes.
>
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005Nov/0020

That mail, as I read it, isn't very helpful. It says
is that humans understanding the text can always do better.
The problem is that it gives examples where it's not really
necessary to use humans to do better; for the urn:it example,
the first instance would be written urn: it, and in the second
example, the space is already there. So for the examples given,
just breaking at a space is all that's needed.

Regards,    Martin.