Re: specificity, user style sheets and SVG

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 21:59:26 +0100
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-style@w3.org, SVG List <www-svg@w3.org>

On Friday, February 9, 2007, 9:34:04 PM, Jonathan wrote:

JC> regarding IE5.2 bear in mind this is on OS X.

Ah, I had made an incorrect assumption.

However, Mac IE5 was excellent, much better than Win IE5, and had
support for user style sheets. It had no SVG support, though - I think
what you are seeing is that style sheet info is not being passed to
plugins.

JC>  ASV is fine , but all
JC> style sheets appear greyed out, which is weird given one is in a
JC> dialogue searching for a user style sheet. However it may be that
JC> this was a result of limited MS support for IE on OS X.

I think you would be better looking for how to tell ASV where your
style sheet is, not the HTML browser thats hosting the plugin.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG