Re: [CSS2.1] Parsing Selectors with Brackets

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 01:06:10 +0100
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* fantasai wrote:
>While reviewing Gabriele Romanato's tests, I realized that we don't
>seem to specify matching brackets etc. when parsing selectors.

This problem statement is too brief for me to follow you. Could you
elaborate? I note that the core grammar is quite clear that you can
not use { or } at all in selectors and (), [] only properly nested.
How is your problem different from e.g. using ";" or "<!--" "in a
selector"? There are many things about parsing style sheets and the
components of them left undefined, why would we need to address the
issue you are raising in CSS 2.1?