Re: FW: IE Blog: Internet Explorer 8 and Acid2: A Milestone

From: Dean Edridge <dean@55.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:20:44 +1300
To: Markus Mielke <mmielke@microsoft.com>
Cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

Markus Mielke wrote:
>> Is there any commitment to support (X)HTML5?
>>

> I just want to remind folks that Chris Wilson from Microsoft is a co-chair of HTML5 and spends a lot of time (and Microsoft's money) in the group.

I doubt that he spends any more time in the group than I and most other
people do. In fact I cant remember the last time he posted anything on
the mailing list.

> I would call this commitment...
>
> -- Markus

Would you call that commitment? I wouldn't. Chris Wilson was involved
with XHTML1 also, but 8 years later we're still waiting for Microsoft to
support any version of XHTML.

Dean Edridge