Re: [CSS21] [css3-speech] More specific about alternatives to 'cue' sounds

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:00:17 -0500
To: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Al Gilman wrote:
> Currently, the CSS2.1 Last Call draft's Appendix A, states:
> This is insufficient from the point of view of those who benefit
> from aural styling; this definition should contain even more
> robust verbiage than is contained in Section 19 of CSS2:
> The Protocols & Formats working group proposes that the extant text in
> the CSS2.1 Candidate Recommendation draft be amended as follows:

Al, CSS2.1 is currently a Candidate Recommendation, not a Last Call
Working Draft; furthermore Appendix A is only informative. Your
proposed text doesn't seem to say anything different from what is
there, it only adds more examples. I can suggest that the CSS3 Speech
editor consider adding some more example text to the CSS3 Speech
but I'm not convinced that we need to make this change for CSS2.1.