RE: 'border-spacing', 'caption-side', 'border-collapse' inheritance

(actually, there appears to be some support for inheritance. Let me come up with a test file to be more specific)

From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Alex Mogilevsky
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 10:30 AM
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: 'border-spacing', 'caption-side', 'border-collapse' inheritance

CSS 2.1 says 'border-spacing', 'caption-side', 'border-collapse' inherit [1]. No current implementation that we've checked do that though, nor does it seem to make sense. Should the property definition be changed to "inherited:no", or do we overlook some other text that prevents inheritance into nested tables?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#borders