Re: [CSSWG] Resolutions 2007-08-28

On 29.08.2007, at 10:58, Bert Bos wrote:

> I also think that changing the base font size (your example) is
> something that designers should simply never do. The media queries
> don't measure the distance of the user from his screen and thus
> cannot say anything sensible about the optimal font size.

Now that you mention it, a "typical users distance from display"
could be a very nice Media Query to have. In combination with width,
height and aspect-ratio, this would very well support me in styling
Web documents for desktop, mobile, TV and even billboards.

Static values for min, max and average would be excellent.

Timur