Re: CSS Opacity

Sure, but using opacity is much worse, since you'll force the Web
engine to make an offscreen buffer to render the image into before
then blending it with the destination.  One transparent image buffer
from a PNG is going to be way more efficient than having a non-
transparent image buffer + an entire offscreen buffer just to do the
blend.

dave
(hyatt@apple.com)