Re: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

From: Zoffix Znet <zoffix@zoffix.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:50:37 -0400
To: www-style@w3.org

~~ I apologize for a late reply. I had some problems sending messages to the list.
~~ I still would like to express my ideas, since the messages are written already.

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 19:42 -0700, Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:

> Again it is possible to compute this but selectors that
> have exponential  nature
> are *highly* non-desirable.

How about imposing some limits on what the selector can do. For example,
not allowing a universal selector to be on the left part of the "parent"
selector. In my opinion this can turn out to be a pretty useful
selector, I see it is being asked about often on IRC channels. If we
would to impose some limits on the selector (the limits that would not
require a lot of CPU time to compute the selector) it could be of real
use even in limited edition so to speak.