Re: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 00:21:33 -0700
To: "Ilia Goranov" <css-babailiica@babailiica.com>, <www-style@w3.org>, "Bruce Lawson" <bruce@brucelawson.co.uk>

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruce Lawson
  To: Andrew Fedoniouk ; Ilia Goranov ; www-style@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 11:00 PM
  Subject: Re: Select a parrent node with s CSS selector?

    Again it is possible to compute this but selectors that have exponential  nature
    are *highly* non-desirable.

  Again, I understand the potential complexity, but don't remember the part of this group's terms of reference that limits discussion to non-exponential algorithms.

  Processors are getting faster all the time. People have expressed a wish for such a selector. I fail to see why discussion of it is automatically out of scope.
People express many good wishes, say perpetuum mobile is just a perfect one.

Please define the scope. Is it scope of abstract selectors or the one that includes only feasible things?

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com