Re: Returning null from ViewCSS.getComputedStyle()

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:10:14 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Cameron McCormack wrote:
>I suspected as much; just wanted to make sure.  Perhaps the
>specification should mention the ‘null for elements outside the
>document’ bit, but I hear Anne is going to work on a spec to replace DOM
>2 Style anyway.

Well I doubt implementations would make use of such a provision. You
have to remember that the returned object is live and can't suddenly
become null if you remove the relevant element from the document, so
there is not much implementations could avoid doing, so I suspect if
there is to be a clarification, it won't allow returning null in any
such cases.