Re: [CSS3 Paged Media] Page collapsing

On Saturday 16 September 2006 08:50, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:40:27 +0200, Grant, Melinda <melinda.grant@hp.com>
>
> wrote:
> >> I am quiet sure at least the CSS 2.1 spec clearly states that
> >> page-breaks collapses.
> >
> > Well, I'm missing it if it's there...  (That, of course, wouldn't be a
> > first. ;-)  Could you point me to the pertinent text?
>
> AFAIK it doesn't really tell.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-CSS21-20060411/page.html does say something
> about generating less blank pages for when elements are positioned, but
> not when blank pages are created using page-break-* properties. (Well,
> except for left and right values...)

13.3.4 Forced page breaks
A page break must occur at (1) if, among the 'page-break-after'
and 'page-break-before' properties of all the elements generating boxes that
meet at this margin, there is at least one with the value 'always', 'left',
or 'right'.

I read this as one page break must occur if one or more of the page-break
properties has a forced value.

`Allan