Re: [CSS3 Paged Media] Page collapsing

On Thursday 14 September 2006 04:39, Grant, Melinda wrote:

> Different implementations behave differently, as might be expected.  It
> seems that most implementations collapse pages.  Notably Opera's does
> not.  I propose that the spec be made explicit to require that
> page-break properties collapse such that no empty pages or surfaces are
> generated except for one when needed to get to the next right- or
> left-facing page.  Authors can use other means to create blank pages.
> This would make printed results more interoperable.

I am quiet sure at least the CSS 2.1 spec clearly states that page-breaks
collapses. Page break are done in margins and the value of page-break is
calculated from combining the the page-break-before and page-break-after
values of the blocks that share that margin.

Note that is somethat hard to do, so it is likely there are bugs. I know
Konqueror probably makes multiple page-breaks in your case, or at least did
in my first implementation of page-break.

`Allan