Re: [CSS21] Possible counters() limitation?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:27:18 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:06:23 +0200, Daniel Glazman
>> That there's currently no way to address a section and headers scenario
>> as I brought forward and David Baron extended?
>>> Am I mistaken or did you take that html snippet from xhtml2 ?
>>  I made it up although looking at XHTML2 now it seems remarkably
>> similar :-)
> So the answer to my first question might be "xhtml2 cannot be styled by
> CSS"... Lovely :-)

Well, unfortunately with HTML5 you have much the same issues and the same
for any tree-based language that uses a similar type of structure. Of
course, you can always use multiple counters to solve the problem but then
there's some depth limitation.

Anne van Kesteren