[CSS21] XHTML versus HTML table rendering example

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 14:32:04 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

Hi,

The example in http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-CSS21-20060411/tables.html#q7
illustrates a difference between rendering in HTML and XHTML for an
identical tree. I'm not aware of any UA actually rendering both examples
differently and I'm strongly opposed introducing (more) such rendering
differences.

If the group doesn't want to define the complete table layout algorithm
for CSS 2.1 then that's fine, but please leave those more complicated
cases explicitly undefined instead of proposing something that's not
consistent with what UAs do.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren