Re: [selectors] New pseudo-class proposal: ":current"

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:35:19 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Links inside the TOC of the page to anchors inside the current page
> are easily matched by "[href^='#]'" (in CSS 3).

You wouldn't want those to be styled out, although you might want them
to be styled differently.

However, there is a common, although in my view flawed, practice of
creating links that only work with scripting and then using
href="#" to make them syntactically valid.  This is often done by
authoring tools, so outside the control of many authors.