Re: [selectors] New pseudo-class proposal: ":current"

David Woolley wrote:

> However, there is a common, although in my view flawed, practice of
> creating links that only work with scripting and then using
> href="#" to make them syntactically valid.  This is often done by
> authoring tools, so outside the control of many authors.

There is a related problem end the tool to which I think
you tacitly refer, in that it strips off trailing
slashes when these occur in (I forget which) templates or
library items, which means that our pages (by which I
mean Royal Holloway's) now use URLs of the form

	http://a.domain/path/#

where we would prefer to write simply

	http://a.domain/path/

If we write the latter, then the final version in the
page gets re-written as

	http://a.domain/path

which we wish to avoid at all costs.

Philip Taylor