Re: [CSS2 counters] Is it possible to evaluate a value inside CSS?

From: Daniel MD <danielmendes@im-thinking.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:22:02 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

At 21:08 15-05-2006, you wrote:
>According to the prose in section 4.3.4 of CSS
>2.1 and section 3.7.2 of the CSS3 Values WD,
>this isn‚€™t allowed. If it were though, the
>syntax would have to be like <content-list> in the ‚€˜content‚€™ property:
>
>   url(counter(list,decimal) ".gif")
>
>Strings need to be quoted, and things are
>concatenated by separating them with a space.
>

>~Grauw

I also tried that syntax in fact it was the first
one i tried, it also does not work, how does the
counter get evaluated... is there any way to do
something like url(toString(counter(list, decimal)) ".gif"); ?

I think i need to get into the inner workings of
the counter and URL parameters see how they are
implemented and try to see if there is a way to
get the return from the counter propriety, and
concatenate it with the file extension... any pointers on how to do this?

Thanks
-Dan