Table anonymous objects: 'table-row' inside 'table'

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 00:32:22 -0500

I was just looking at the rules for table anonymous boxes, and I was wondering
whether creating a 'table-row-group' parent for a 'table-row' box that's a child
of a 'table' box is allowed or not.  It sounds like it isn't, but the behavior
of such a combination ('table-row' as direct child of 'table') is not really
well-defined either, esp. if one wants to implement the HTML "rules" attribute.

Given that the most common case of a 'table-row' being a child of a 'table' is
likely to be XHTML, I think it would make the most sense to either require or at
least allow generation of an anonymous 'table-row-group' so that the resulting
rendering objects look exactly like they do for the equivalent HTML markup (in
which a <tbody> is implied).

-Boris