Re: CSS 2.1 draft comments and editorial problems

Ian Hickson wrote:

 > On 4/26/06, Daniel Barclay <daniel@fgm.com> wrote:
 >

 >> * Section 15.7 guides UAs to use font sizes "small" (2) and "xx-small"
 >>    (1) for heading levels h5 and h6.
 >>
 >>    That seems much too small.  Why should any headings be _smaller_
 >>    than regular text (text that defaults to "font-size: medium")?
 >

 > Because it's what Mosaic did in 1993. The spec doesn't require this,
 > it merely points out that this is the typical thing.

It's hard to understand how "guidelines" (the term used by the specification)
can be interpreted as "examples of current usage".  Surely "guidelines"
/guide/, rather than merely /document/ ?  I agree with Daniel's analysis,
and recommend that this section be re-worded to clarify that the table
illustrates current practice based on historical precedent rather than
offering informed guidance to recommended practice.

Philip Taylor